- 15 Videos
- 2 Surveys
- 12 PDFs
- 3 Audios
This is an online course that will teach you the life-long skill of how to properly engage your core and help you know that you're doing it correctly. It's a thoroughly vetted system of exercises that have been curated from over a decade of working with clients. The exercises build one, on top of the next to help you build a foundation for the rest of the core work you ever do in your lifetime.
This course is perfect for:
- anyone looking to deepen their foundational core strength
- anyone with Diastasis Recti or abdominal separation (not sure if you have this? you'll test yourself in the course!)
- anyone with low-back pain, mid-back pain, upper-back pain, neck pain, sciatica, pubic symphisis pain, pee-leaks when you jump / run / sneeze / cough, or pelvic floor issues
- new moms recovering from childbirth who have completed the Postpartum Repair & Restore Course and want to continue their training beyond the immediate postpartum period. (Even if you haven't completed the postpartum course, you can still complete this one one, just at a slower pace!)
The best part?
You can do it in 15 minutes a day, at home
and on your own time.
And there are NO crunches!!
Also included in this course:
- Daily emails for 21 days to remind you to log into the system to complete your workouts. **(The process might take you longer than 21 days to complete, but this first 3-week setup is designed to get you in the habit of practicing your foundation core work on a regular basis.)
- Once-weekly 'Q&A' with Kendra in the facebook group, where you can ask specific questions, or just pick Kendra's brain! (You can also schedule 10 minute 1-to-1 time to talk with Kendra to check your form in a video / Facetime conference for free!)
- Lifetime access to this course + the Mastering Your Body Mechanics Facebook group, where you can post questions, get feedback, encouragement and view new videos and workouts from Kendra.
In this course you'll learn:
- Several surprising reasons WHY we need to do core work.
- How to know when you're engaging the core CORRECTLY (and incorrectly!)
- What your core muscles actually look like, so you can find them.
- All about the mysterious pelvic floor and why it's so important to your abdominal strength.
- How to access the deep core muscles you need for true trunk stability.
- Ways to incorporate these stability movements into your everyday life, not just in the gym.
By the end of this course you will:
- Be more in touch with your body and core.
- Know that you are doing core work correctly.
- Have a basic understanding of the anatomy of your core, so you can visualize what your core is doing.
- Be able to add more advanced, functional movement onto your core work, and see monumental progress in your strength.
- Have mastered 10 Functional Core Exercises that you can add into your existing gym routine, or that can be stand-alone workouts on their own.
Ready?? Let's get started!
Kendra Fitzgerald is a Corrective Exercise Specialist, Personal Trainer, and Yoga Teacher, teaching privately in New York City and Montclair, NJ. Her years of experience with and curiosity about the human body have informed Kendra's method of training, which focuses on alignment, proper form and corrective exercise to help her clients live pain free.
Education has offered Kendra the platform for groundbreaking industry innovation, thus she credits her success to the mastery of her work and unparalleled attention to detail. A graduate of The BioMechanics Method, Institute for Integrative Nutrition, Yoga Works and certified by ACE, Kendra has completed extensive complimentary education in anatomy, physiology, kinesiology as well as corrective exercise, injury prevention and rehabilitation, sports coaching and pre- and post- natal training.
Kendra has been featured in Men's Fitness, Shape, CNN, The Tampa Tribune, Curve, New York Daily News, AM New York, and TimeOut New York, and as a cover model on Yoga Zeit magazine. Kendra is most well known for melding her clinical expertise with creativity and a lighthearted perspective. At the end of the day, she understands that her clients are real people with real lives, it is her job to help them tune into the power of their own bodies.
In addition to being a private trainer and teacher, Kendra is also the Founder & Director of Barefoot Tiger LLC, a world-class private fitness concierge company in NYC with 24 teachers and trainers on staff. When she's not working, Kendra loves spending time with her son Liam and husband Chris in Montclair, NJ.